Everything You Need To Know About Oxycodone
If you have heard about addictive drugs, we can certainly say you might have heard about opioids too. Opioids are a class of drugs derived from the natural substances found in the opium plant. These drugs relate and interact chemically with the opioid receptors in the body and brain to relieve intense pain.
One such opioid widely used for relieving severe pain is Oxycodone. Let’s go further and learn a bit more about them.
What is Oxycodone?
First developed by German Researchers in 1916, Oxycodone is utilized as an analgesic opioid medication. Approved in 1995 and introduced in the US market in 1996, this drug caught everyone’s attention in no time.
Oxycodone hydrochloride belongs to the class of drugs called opioids. Doctors and physicians commonly prescribe for it to relieve moderate or severe pain. It is an effective analgesic, useful for relieving pain in numerous conditions.
Even though it is a painkiller, oxycodone has a narcotic classification. The abuse and addiction quality of this drug is off-the-charts.
The Use of Oxycodone
This drug is swallowed or injected to provide rapid pain relief. The dosage is prescribed differently according to every individual’s needs.
For short durations of time, use the lowest dose possible. Buy Oxycodone Online only from the most trusted pharmaceutical brand. Visit the website to know more.
Merits of Oxycodone
- Multiple dosage strengths
- Extended-release (ER) Tablets or capsules for long pain relief also available
- Treats severe and long-term pain when all medications fail
- Available as low-cost generic medication
Demerits of Oxycodone
- Habit-forming drugs lead to abuse, misuse, addiction, and overdose
- Undesirable side effects such as nausea, headache, and more
- Risk of life-threatening breathing problems combined with alcohol or benzodiazepines
- Extended Release tablets and capsules are not allowed to be used “as needed”
Side Effects of Oxycodone
Even the most efficient drugs come with side effects. You may experience some unwanted adverse effects including-
- Low concentration
- Stiff muscles
- Dry mouth
- Stomach aches and nausea
- Slow pulse
- Sweats, flashes, and itching
- Allergic reactions like rash and hives
Oxycodone Abuse and Addiction
Oxycodone, a highly powerful painkiller are among the most commonly abused prescription drug. It always starts with the prescribed amount. Once the body develops tolerance, patients need a higher dose, leading to an overdose.
Maintaining pain relief in the body becomes a necessity. The person shifts from abuse to addiction in the blink of an eye. Oxycodone is a potent drug, anyone can lose control for the same. It is a fatal addiction with intense rehabilitation methods.
Risks Involved With Oxycodone
Inappropriate use or abuse of oxycodone can do more harm than good. Certain groups of higher risk tendencies. Note down the risk factors and warnings before consuming the same.
- Potential for addiction and abuse: People with a personal or family history of substance abuse should proceed with caution. Avoid using more oxycodone than prescribed.
- Fatal slowed breathing and accidental overdose: First 1 to 3 days of starting oxycodone, one can experience slowed breathing. Switching dose form or size can also cause the same. It can also be a possibility for those with a history of sleep apnea.
- Withdrawal in newborn babies: Soon-to-be others are not recommended for the long-term use of oxycodone. Pregnant women can pass the addiction to their fetus and it can experience withdrawal symptoms.
- Slow brain functions and depleted focus: People over the age of 65, alcohol use, or high dosages can suffer these side effects.
- Low hormone levels: Consuming opioids for over a month drops your cortisol and hormone levels. It can bring an imbalance in your body functions.
- Physical dependence and withdrawal: Long-term use of oxycodone causes the mind and body to depend on it.
Oxycodone is a potent drug used for moderate and intense pain relief. It belongs to the opioid class of drugs that can be highly addictive for any patient who abuses these products. It is prescribed as per individual needs and monitored to avoid overdose. Numerous effects, side effects, and risks are involved with its consumption. Know all about the drug before consuming it.
Buy Nembutal Pills Online from Pentobarbital Group. The best pharmacy store online with high-quality drugs and more. To know more, visit our website today!